"Chocolate Singles/Sadie Hawkins throwdowns"(1970's,80's)

• August 9, 2017 at 3:11 PM #5024
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

During the 70’s and 80’s, Chocolate Singles and Sadie Hawkins throwdowns were extremely popular on the New York city dance music circuit(Facts), Spots like, Levitcus, Pippins, The Downbeat, Silver Shadow, The Intrepid(Battleship on 45thst and the Westside Highway), The Rennasance(Queens Spot), Justine’s, Pegasus Etc, Were well-known for Chocolate Singles/Sadie Hawkins throwdowns, Promoted by cats like the Dow Twins, Gene Pendergrass,

Elmo The Magic Christian, M.Morton Hall, The Best of Friends(Von Harper’s partying promoting crew), Etc, Featuring, Dj’s like, Reggie Wells, Hollywood, Kevin Woodley, Lindsey Blake, Bert Bevans, Rick Richardson, Lady-J, Etc, Do cats still have Chocolate singles/Sadie Hawkins throwdowns nowdays in the 2000’s.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 15, 2017 at 10:52 PM #5036
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Savage was also a Sadie Hawkins home, as well……!

August 16, 2017 at 5:52 PM #5037
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, Their used to be a Chocolate singles magazine published out of Jamaica,Queens during the 70’s and 80’s, That featured some of the Chocolate singles/Sadie Hawkins throwdowns(I haven’t seen that Chocolate singles magazine since the early 80’s, My man/LOL), Fletch, Cats used to sometimes have Sadie Hawkins

Throwdowns at their rests(Houses), During the 70’s and 80’s in New York city(Which was mad fun in regards to cats arriving at a party knowing that their going to get a few numbers from the young ladies asking cats to, “Pushup”, So, Bringing a pen was paramount for Sadie Hawkins throwdowns either at a cats rest(House), or

Spot(Club), My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Was, Don Welch promoting throwdowns at the Savage during the early 2000’s, My man, Don Welch started those Underground Network throwdowns with Barbara Tucker at different spots in New York city during the early 90’s and Don Welch used to mix at, “Leviticus”, On 27thst off of 7thave ave in Manhattan during the mid/late 70’s to early 80’s, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.