Connie Hawkins(Rip)

• October 9, 2017 at 9:24 AM #5242
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

My sincere condolences to the family of Connie Hawkins, Who passed away last Friday at the age of 75, Connie Hawkins was one of the Best cats to ever come out of New York city(In any era), Along with Connie Hawkins being the precursor to Julius Erving in regards to, “Slingin it”, On cats via palming the pill(Facts), Connie Hawkins was a legend at the Rucker during the 1960’s,70′,s, Playing against cats

Like, Earl Manigault, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Jabbar, Pee Wee Kirkland, Joe Hammond, Willis Reed, Jackie Jackson(Harlem Globetrotters), Tiny Archibald, Charlie Scott, Etc, One funny moment that i will always remember in regards to Connie Hawkins came about during an interview with Connie Hawkins at halftime of a Philadelphia 76er’s game(Philadelphia 76er’s were playing the Phoenix

Suns in Phoenix in 1992), The cat who was interviewing Connie Hawkins, Asked Connie Hawkins if he could still, “Dunk”, And Connie Hawkins responded back by saying yes he can still, “Dunk”, At 50 years of age in 1992/LOL, Well, Connie Hawkins did dunk during the interview, Though, Connie Hawkins needed 15 days of rest to finish the interview(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes
    Connie Hawkins(Rip)
    https://sports.yahoo.com/connie-hawkins-basketballs-original-high-flyer-dies-75-191556653.html

October 10, 2017 at 11:45 AM #5250
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Mount New York City……….

Kareem, Goat, Pearl, Hawk!

October 10, 2017 at 12:46 PM #5254
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, Who is the 5th cat on that Mount Rushmore of New York city basketball royalty, My man/LOL, Fletch, My, “Mount Rushmore of New York city basketball royalty”, Consists of below/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Mount Rushmore of New York city basketball royalty:
    1.Kareem
    2.Earl Managuilt
    3.Connie Hawkins
    4.Julius Erving(Though, Money’s from Long Island/LOL)
    5.Joe Hammond

2nd-Team:
    6.Pee-Wee Kirkland
    7.Fly Williams
    8.Bernard King
    9.Bob Cousey
    10.Bernard King

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.