"Danny Krivit reflects on 45 years of Dj'ing interview

• March 30, 2017 at 6:05 PM #4411
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Danny Krivit has a very informative short interview on his 45 years of Dj’ing(Starting out in 1971), The first time i heard Danny Krivit rock a party was at a spot called, “One’s”, in 1978, Which was located on North Moore st off of West Broadway around the corner from, “Tribeca’s’,(Which was Karima Robinson’s spot in 1978), Danny Krivit also used to rock at the Roxy in

Manhattan(Rockin throwdowns with Jazzy Jay from the Zulu Nation during the early to mid 80’s), Also, I wish Danny Krivit would have mentioned who was the cat who gave him those 45’s from Flowers collection(LOL).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

Danny Krivit reflects on 45 years of Dj’ing(2016)

March 31, 2017 at 8:31 AM #4415
    Participant

I wonder if the cat who scooped Danny Krivit up on those 45’s from Flowers collection is Francios(Who used to run with Flowers during the mid 70’s to late 70’s on the New York city dance music circuit), Also, Does anyone know the name of the plate that’s being played thru-out the interview without going back to looking at the credits of the

Interview/LOL, Hint: The group who made the plate in question hails from Queens,New York, Along with the group making a hit record plate in 1979, That was extremely popular on the New York city dance music circuit(But, Not as popular as the plate in question/LOL), Also, The plate, “Yellow Sunshine”, by Instant Funk(Under the name

YellowSunshine), Was a plate that cats like Kool Herc, Pete Dj Jones, Flowers, Maboya, Plummer, The Smith Brothers, King Charles, The Together Brothers, Come-off Crew, Flash, Dj Aj, Etc, Used to run in the parks and spots in New York city during the mid 70’s mad lovely(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Yellow Sunshine”, By YellowSunshine(Instant Funk/1973)

March 31, 2017 at 4:43 PM #4418
    Profile photo of MurfMurf
    Participant

him proper DJ

March 31, 2017 at 4:47 PM #4419
    Profile photo of MurfMurf
    Participant

March 31, 2017 at 5:24 PM #4420
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

I’m a fan of Krivit – one of my favorite DJ’s for spinning classics. Would love to have his record collection.

April 1, 2017 at 11:16 AM #4423
    Participant

Mike, I wonder if Danny Krivit used to rock in the parks in Manhattan during the early/mid 70’s(I don’t remember Danny Krivit being on the mobile dj circuit during the 70’s, Though, Danny Krivit having 80,000 plates tells me that money(Danny Krivit), Started out on the streets with his and with all of those plates that Danny Krivit has, I wonder if Dannyt Krivit was at one time

Coloring out the labels of his plates so cats could not ID the plates that he was runnin(Exhibit A:Like, Flowers used to do during the early 70’s), My man/LOL), Mike, I would love to look thru Danny Krivit’s record collection(Without Danny Krivit being present, My man/LOL), Mike, The last time i heard Danny Krivit rock live was at the Shelter on July 4th holiday of 2003,

Featuring, Chaka Khan performing at Central Park during the summer of 2003, Mike, That was the time when the Shelter stayed open for 24 hours on the 4th of July and Danny Krivit came on at 5:00am sunday morning and demolished the Shelter mad lovely and made Timmy Regisford work hard for the remainder of the morning and afternoon, When, Timmy

Regisford took over for Danny Krivit about 8:00am sunday morning(At least 5 cats were mixing that nite saturday starting at 8:00pm till sunday evening at about 8:00pm night on the 4th of July of 2003, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

April 8, 2017 at 11:32 AM #4475
    Participant

Murf, Here’s afew more plates that Danny Krivit remixed or made edits to that are extremely nice, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

1.Touch and go”, By Extacy,Passion and Pain(Remixed by Danny Krivit and Tony Smith/1986)

2.”I love you more”, by Rene and Angela(Danny Krivit edit/1981)

Murf, Both plates are very nice remixes and edits by Danny Krivit, Though , The edit to, “I love you more”, Is a masterpiece(From where i’m sittin, My man/Facts).

April 8, 2017 at 10:45 PM #4478
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

I own a white label of “I Love You More” — never knew it was a Krivit edit.

April 10, 2017 at 3:27 PM #4479
    Participant

Mike Johnson, Cats used to run the edit version of, “I love you more”, On occassions at differents spots in Manhattan during the 80’s and 90’s, Along with the remix version of, “Touch and go’, During the mid 80’s thru the 90’s, Also, Tony Smith(Who was the the co-remixer for the plate, “Touch and go”, With Danny Krivit in 1986), Used to mix on the dance music circuit in New York city at spots like, “New York,New York”,” Xenons”, “Mystique”,(61st and 2nd

ave aAfew blocks from Pegasus which was on 64thst and 2ndave in Manhattan during the late 70’s to mid 80’s), Tony Smith was also mad crew with Walter Gibbons during the 70’s and 80’s too, Along with Tony Smith being in that class of Elite dj’s on the New York city dance music circuit during the 70’s

and 80’s, Also, The name of the plate that is runnin thru-out the documentary is, “Let’s love dance tonight”, By Gary Gang from 1979(Which was very big in the spots and on BLS during the late 70’s/early 80’s(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Let’s love dance tonight”, By Gary’s Gang(1979)

April 14, 2017 at 9:58 AM #4494
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

These are my junior high school mates, back in ’83! One of Danny Krivit’s earlier mixes!

Mr (Kenny Warden), the school band teacher, did the original mix. But this mix is from Krivit!

Still remember when this was introduced, live! The whole 126 auditorium was out of their seat! Say hoooooo! (LOL!)

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Fletch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.