FAO Mike Barnes: I.S. 318……

• April 18, 2017 at 2:36 PM #4528
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

From a couple of years ago! Program is still going strong…..!

The girls…….!

April 18, 2017 at 6:34 PM #4529
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, This is the best thread that you threw up in my 17 years on the board, My man(Facts), Fletch, The young lady named Vicki is drug nice with hers and on the clock at that(Exhibit A:Like Sean Nelson in, “Fresh”, in 1994, My man/LOL), Fletch, I assume it’s safe to say that cats and young ladies do not go to IS 318 to play ball, My man/LOL, Fletch, Great story in regards to

The students at IS 318(Much respect to the academic advisors and coaches of the chess team at IS 318), Mad inspiring story, My man(Facts), Fletch, Were do most of the top students at IS 318 go to HS when they graduate from IS 318, My man(Exhibit B:Stuyvesant, Bronx HS of science, Brooklyn Tech, Etc).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

April 23, 2017 at 2:34 PM #4543
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Mike,

My man, Leonder Windley, is no longer the principal, (Grew up with him in Tompkins!), but that school is still going. Like I said, 318 is what 126 used to be, with a band, cheerleaders, and great academics! (chess blew up after Bobby Fischer, but didn’t make its way into the schools when 126 was ‘in its prime’! The program Chess in the Schools would be down the road. Actually, 318’s success may have started the Chess in the Schools throughout the city!

The only issue, for us, is that that school, because of that neighborhood, Williamsburg, is getting more gentrified. Although the projects of Cooper, Taylor-Wythe, Bushwick, Williamsburg, Borinquen, Sumner, Marcy, Tompkins, is still in the school zone!

April 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM #4551
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, I wonder if Lenny Cooke went to PS.318(Lenny Cooke’s from Bushwick, My man), Fletch, Were academics the reason why you chose to go to Printing HS in Manhattan during the 80’s(Exhibit A:Though, Brooklyn Tech is right there in Fort Green, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.