Funk Flex Interviews Legendary NYC Party Promoter Peter Shue

• October 9, 2017 at 6:21 PM #5245
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

October 10, 2017 at 3:09 PM #5255
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Bigscore, I only knew of Pete Shue during the early to mid 80’s(I always thought that Pete Shue was from Uptown, Via seeing Pete Shue at Kings Tower(Basketball tournament on 115thst and 5thave in Taft Projects in Harlem), The Celebrity Club, Harlem World, The Rucker, Etc, Also, The cat who used to rock at 371(Club 371 in the Bronx), That Pete Shue could not remember during this interview is,

Junbug(Rip), Who was Hollywood’s Dj upstairs at 371 during the mid/late 70’s(Reggie Wells used to mix for Eddie Chebba at 371 during the mid/late 70’s), Bigscore, I did not know of Pete Shue’s party promotional activities during the 80/s90’s, Etc, Also, Pete Shue used to hang at The Superstar(Cafeteria on 34thst and 8thave in Manhattan), Featuring, Les Love on the mic during the mid 70’s to

Early 80’s, Money’s been around(New York city on the criminal circuit during the 70’s/80’s), Etc, And i’m very sure Pete Shue and myself know the same cats on the criminal and basketball circuits in New York city during the 70’s,80’s too/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 14, 2017 at 12:49 PM #5267
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

Man, this whole interview is about dirty work , who snitched and who didn’t snitch, and who survived prison, as though surviving prison after doing dirty work makes you a real man. I didn’t get when Funk was explaining to Shue why some people “cooperate” — they wanted the madness to stop in their neighborhoods — lives were being lost to drugs, violence and prison and cooperatives wanted things to stop — Shue sits up there with no compassion for how this all affects families and communities, chalking it all up to money he needs in his pocket, and to guys who can handle being incarcerated, you know “real men.”

• This reply was modified 3 days, 1 hour ago by Mike Johnson.
    October 14, 2017 at 1:46 PM #5270
    Participant

Mike, That’s why i throw up threads like this to inform cats on how the, “Life”, Was movin weight in New York city during the 70’s,80’s and the negative impact that movin weight caused to demolish communities, Though/LOL, Most cats being interviewed feel that their were very little options to take care of their families, Other tthan to move weight(Mike, Most of the cats who moved weight during the late 70’s/early 80’s), Were our age or close to it(Late 50’s), And cats love to state

That their were no or very few options, Yet, During the 70’s, The city of New York was throwing summer jobs at cats(Exhibit A:1974-1979), Cats had jobs in the mailroom at Fortune 500 companies in Manhattan during the late 70’s/mid 80’s),, Not alot of money, But, The Criminal life sways cats into making money in an very easy manner that is mad dangerous(Exhibit :Either to get popped for movin weight and if a cats has bodies, Law Enforcement will hit cats with a Rico Stature/King-

Pin laws, Which states that a cat is, “NEVER COMING HOME”, Unless a cat co-operates with Law enforcement(Which cats have a distain for, Yet, I most definitely understand why a cat would co-operate rather than stay upnorth for mad years, My man, Mike, What’s mad funny to me in regards to former criminal cats doing mad time upnorth decades ago is, What would a cat facing the Death Penalty do, When it comes to law enforcement giving a cat facing the death penalty, The

Choice of co-operating with law enforcement and coming home via a cats prison sentence being reduced(Exhibit B:Going from the Death Penalty for a cat and his family, To, Comin home in 25 years with good behavior and getting into, Witness Protection with a cats family getting the same deal if everyone, Co-operates with Law enforcement, My man), Mike, It takes a certain type of cat to allow his family to get the death Penalty via a cat not co-operating with law enforcement(Exhibit

C:I’m not building about years upnorth, “Death Penalty”, Being in full effect with no,”Grant of stay of execution”, That delays the, “State of Execution”, Date to take place), Mike, If a cat is willing to sacrifice his famliy to get, “The Death Penalty”, Along with himself, Then, That’s some, “Real men”, Shit, That has never been prevelant on the New York city criminal circuit that i was aware of going back to the 1930’s with Bumpy Johnson in Harlem, My man, Mike, Was, Hartford

Connecticut, “Touched”, By the movin weight circuit during thde 70’s and 80’s, My man, Mike, Very few of the cats who have interviewed with cats and media publications, Actually, Show compassion for their negative actions(With the reasoning of movin weight to, “Feed my family”, Yet/LOL, To feed one’s family via

Criminal activity, Means to destroy and dismantle the community in doing so(Feeding one’s family via criminal devestation of movin weight in the community), The Right move or an very selfish act of, “Gettin mines”, At all costs(Exhibit C:Fuck the community as long as me and my family are eatin).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 16, 2017 at 4:05 PM #5274
    Participant

Mike Johnson, Cats that co-operate with Law enforcement to get a reduced sentence, Chooses to do so, Not to rid the community of cats movin weight, But, To come home from a very long prison sentence early(Facts), Mike, If cats cared enough about the community to stop cats from movin weight, Those cats that co-operate with Law enforcement would not have chosen to move weight in the first place in regards to cats caring for the community, My man(Facts), Mike, I try to

Paint a picture of the very strong circumstances that comes with any criminal activity, Especially if it effects the black community and why alot of cats feel that they were given the opportunity to pursue to move weight because of dire straits in the rest(Home),So, Alot of cats totally neglect the circumstances that criminal acts will burden the community with if a cat/cats chose to do criminal activity in the community, Regardless of, “Eatin”, My man, Mike, I’ve heard countless interviews

With kingpin cats that state that they did not know the negative effects that they were harboring the community with via movin weight, Which is a brazen lie(Cats most definitely knew, Cats just didn’tgive a fuck, My man), Mike, I remember an interview that i was reading years ago that was building on the New York Yankees 1977 championship victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers at Yankee stadium in October of 1977 and a reporter saw a 10 year boy who was walking close to Yankee

Stadium the night of the game(Exhibit A:What was a 10 year old did doing up walking the streets of the Bronx at 12-midnight in 1977, My man), Well, The reporter asked the 10 year old boy, Was, Reggie Jackson his hero(Exhibit B:Since Reggie Jackson had 3 home runs during game 6 to seal the victory and championship for the Yankees vs the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1977), And the young 10 year old boy, Told the Reporter, Reggie Jackson is not his hero, The 10 year old boy stated to

The reporter that Nicky Barnes was his hero(And there lies the problem in regards to role models and lack of discipline in the home that is not looked upon and taught as being extremely paramount for a young cat stepping out of the rest(Home), On a daily basis, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.