"Hiphop Trivia".

• February 14, 2017 at 8:31 AM #4020
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Who was the MC to record the first socially conscious hiphop plate in 1980(Hint:It’s not Mel and Duke Bootee with, “The message”, Which came out in 1982/LOL), The MC in question comes from uptown/Harlem and cats have to name the plate too/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

February 14, 2017 at 5:29 PM #4025
    Participant

The cat who recorded the first socially conscious hiphop plate was Kurtis Blow and the plate was, “Hard Times”, Off of the self-titled album, “Kurtis Blow”, From 1980, “Hard Times”, Was produced by Larry Smith(Rip).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Hard Times”, By Kurtis Blow(1980)

February 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM #4035
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

I was gonna say ‘you didn’t give us a chance’, but no answer between 8:30 and 5:30pm……! (LOL!)

Games People Play is still my ‘message’ song! Printing kids used to run that joint! (LOL!)

February 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM #4036
    Participant

Fletch, Kurtis Blow produced, “Games People play”, by Sweet-G from 1983, Along with Kurtis Blow producing the plate, “Games Females play”, by The Gigolettes from 1983 too(Kurt used the same beat from “Games people play/LOL), Fletch, Magic Used to run, “Games People play”, On his rap-attack show on Saturday nights on BLS during the early/mid 80’s, Another very

Early message song was, “Yes we can,can”, By The Treacherous 3 from 1982(Produced by Bobby Robinson/LOL).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Games Females play”, By The Gigolettes(1983)

“Yes we can,can”, By The Treacherous 3(1982)

February 16, 2017 at 1:14 PM #4037
    Participant

Fletch, My fault for stating(In a jokingly manner/LOL), That, Bobby Robinson produced the plate, “Yes we can,can”, By The Treacherous 3 in 1982, Though, Slyvia Robinson and Jiggs Chase were the producers of, “Yes we, can can”, By the Treacherous 3 in 1982(More emphasis on Jiggs Chase being the producer than Slyvia Robinson, My man(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.