'I can't let her get away", by Michael Jackson(1991)

• March 3, 2017 at 10:00 AM #4157
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

The plate, “I Can’t let her get away”, by Michael Jackson was vastly under-rated and Mike should have stayed with Teddy Riley for the production of the whole, “Dangerous”, Album in 1991(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“I can’t let her get away”, by Michael Jackson(1991)

March 4, 2017 at 10:34 AM #4173
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Although I liked ‘Get Away’, ‘Remember The Time’ Was the bigger, badder and better joint…….!

I remember seeing an interview with Quincy Jones, who might have been hating on Mike, at the time, for going in another direction. He criticized Mike, for the hot producer/flava of the moment, which was Ted…..!

March 4, 2017 at 1:31 PM #4175
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, Teddy Riley allowed his ego to supercede his craft, Which was why Teddy Riley was working with so many artists during the late 80’s/90’s(Along with Teddy Riley working with cats did he did not like personally), Which equated to Teddy Riley collaborating with cats for the money, Opposed to the artistry and that’s probably what Quincy Jones is referring to with his

Comments about Teddy Riley being the hot producer of the moment and i heard Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis state on their Redbull academy interview earlier this year that they(Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis), Would rather be warm for a long time, Than, “Hot”, For a short time in regards to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis’s very long tenure of producing cats, Opposed to Teddy

Riley’s, “Very Hot”, Short tenure that did not last after Blackstreet’s existance on the music circuit during the mid 90’s(Though, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis did not state their comments about Teddy Riley, Though, I most definitely know what and who they were referring too, My man/LOL), Fletch, “Remember the time”, Was a better plate than, “I can’t let her get away”, But, “I can’t

Let her get away”, Received no notoriety off of that, “Dangerous album from 1991 and i could not believe that, “I can’t let her get away”, Did not receive no notoriety, Though, I knew the structure of promoting plates and certain plates will not get the attention that others would or have, My man(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.