"I can't stand it", By Evelyn King(1982)

• September 5, 2017 at 1:03 PM #5120
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

The plate, “I can’t stand it”, by Evelyn King was very popular on the New York city dance music afterwork circuit(Exhibit A:Pegasus, Bogards, Leviticus, The Down-Under, Chicago’s, Justines, Lola’s, Etc), During the early 80’s(Facts), “I can’t stand it”, Was produced and

Written by Paul Lawrence with the background vocals of Alyson Williams, Lillo Thomas, Kashif/Rip, Freddie Jackson, Paul Lawrence, Evelyn King and i’m very surprised Luther Vandross was not down with this project as a background vocalist too/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“I can’t stand it”, by Evelyn King(1982)

September 5, 2017 at 11:10 PM #5124
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

This , “If You Want My Lovin” and “I Don’t Know If It’s Right” are my fave Evelyn King tracks.

September 6, 2017 at 10:17 AM #5125
    Participant

Mike Johnson, “If you want my lovin”, and, “I don’t know if it’s right”, Are still very nice plates(Paul Lawrence and Kashif had a very strong connection with Evelyn King in regards to song writing and productions during the early to mid 80’s, My man).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

September 6, 2017 at 7:07 PM #5128
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

I saw a clip many years ago of Bernard King highlights, with Evelyn Champagne King’s “Action” as the backing track! Mike Barnes’s “favorite plate!” (LOL!)

Mike, you better hope I don’t find it! (LOL!)

September 7, 2017 at 9:39 AM #5131
    Participant

Fletch, You most definitely know that you’re mad buggin by stating that I said the plate, “Action”, By Evelyn King was/is my favorite plate by Evelyn King, My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, The thread I threw-up on the board months ago was about how Leon Sylvers(Who produced the plate, “Action”, By Evelyn King in 1983), Had a much more commercial sound that worked with artists under the Solar

Music label camp(Whispers, Dynasty, Shalimar, Sylvers, Carrie Lucas, Etc), Run by Dick Griffy(Rip), During the late 70’s/mid 80’s, But, That, Leon Sylvers sound did not work with a New York city artist like an Evelyn King during the early/mid 80’s, My man(Facts), Fletch, Only a special blend of cats can work with anybody and sound very good(Exhibit A:Ashford and Simpson, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis,

Gamble and Huff, Norman Harris, Patrick Adams, Thom Bell, Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards, Nick Martenelli, Francios, Boyd Jarvis, Maybe, Teddy Riley/LOL),Etc, Infact, As nice as he was/is, I feel Quincy Jones could not have collaborated with any artists and sound nice(Not hit record nice, Just having a very nice production that maybe a lot of cats are not up on or do not possess the ear for music to hear,

My man), Fletch, Evelyn King needed to have New York city producers to create a New York city sound(Exhibit A:Paul Lawrence, Kashif, Etc), Or, A producer who could bring out the very best in Evelyn King’s vocal talents and I most definitely feel that Leon Sylvers did not do that via collaborating with Evelyn King on the plate, “Action”, In 1983, My man(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Action”, by Evelyn King(Produced by Leon Sylvers in 1983)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.