Indiana needs to step to Billy Donavon(Facts)

• March 20, 2017 at 11:34 AM #4310
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

By Indiana cancelling Tom Crean(Who should have stayed at Marquette), Leaves an opening at Indiana that very few cats can ever revive back to national prominence since the Bobby Knight Days of the 70’s,80’s,90’s, Etc, The first cat that Indiana needs to step to is Billy Donavon(Who most definitely would listen, If Indiana throws 7-million a year at

Him/LOL), Billy Donavon is the best cat to revive Indiana’s basketball program quickly and clean in doing so(Exhibit A:No NCAA infractions and violations), Billy Donavon has the track record to prove it via the work that Billy Donavon has put in at Marshall and Florida as head coach during the mid 90’s to the late 2000’s/Facts, And if Russell

Westbrook were to give an hint of bouncing from Oklahoma(Money is a free-agent this year), Billy Donovon most definitely would bounce from the Oklahoma franchise right after the playoffs, The Indiana spot is the most pressure packed job available right about now on th e college basketball circuit and the cat who signs to become the head

Coach for Indiana has to have an excellent track record turning a program around right now(If Billy Donavon were to leave from the Oklahoma crew and sign on with Indiana in a few months, Indiana would be in the final 4 in 3 years

and Indiana would be one of the elite programs in the country in 2 years/Facts, I cannot see no other coach in the country who would turn Indiana’s program around as fast and clean in doing for years to come as Billy Donavon(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

March 20, 2017 at 12:17 PM #4311
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Russell’s decision to go free agent won’t be made until after the season. OKC is a 6 seed. OKC-Houston, if that happens, might go 6, maybe 7, with the possibility of an upset. That means OKC might even go to the second round, which is in early May !(at the least!)

No college team can wait one month and a half for a NBA coach to finish out! Wait, FA announcement are in early July, which would be 3 and a half months!

And as much as I would like for him back in college, Brad Stevens is a scoring small forward away from going to the Finals. He’s not going anywhere from Boston!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Fletch.
    March 20, 2017 at 12:43 PM #4313
    Participant

Fletch, If Indiana wants to truley change their basketball culture, They would be of great interest to wait until the Oklahoma Playoof run ends no-matter what time of the year it is(Exhibit A:May, June, Etc), Fletch, Name one coach who can clean up that mess at Indiana and put Indiana back as one of the elite programs in the country right now, My

Man, Fletch, Billy Donavon is not the type of cat that Indiana would hire(Exhibit A:Money’s not from the Midwest, Money has no ties to the Midwest and money’s from New York, So Indiana Alumni will not like or support him until they see what changes Billy Donavon would make in regards to wins and loses, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

March 20, 2017 at 1:12 PM #4314
    Participant

Mike,

Recruiting these days, is ‘from beginning to end, 365 days in a year’! (Anita Baker, I know! LOL!). Any school, in 2017, that waits three and a half months is going to be behind the 8-ball, trying to catch up on recruiting and cleaning up any internal mess, especially at a school at Indiana!

Tom Crean should’ve never left Marquette!

I’d go with Hubert Davis! Big name assistant, Carolina big name, repairing a big name program. Note that I didn’t say Steve Robinson. More experience on Carolina’s bench, but I think he’s gonna be the Bill Guthridge once Roy decides to check out…..!

March 21, 2017 at 1:47 PM #4320
    Participant

Fletch, Hubert Davis was hired to succeed Roy Williams, My man(Facts), Steve Robinson is not a North Carolina alumnus or nor does Steve Robinson hold any connections to North Carolina as a player, Coach, Student, Etc, And Steve Robinson was posed with the question back in 2012, Would he consider succeeding Roy Williams at North

Carolina and Steve Robinson stated that he was not interested in anymore head coaching positions(Exhibit A:Steve Robinson was head coach for Tulsa and Florida State during the early to late 90’s), And that was the same time-frame that Hubert Davis was hired in 2012, My man(Facts), Infact, Bill Gutheridge was not a Carolina alumnus when

Dean Smith hired Bill Gutheridge to replace Larry Brown as an assistant coach in 1967, My man/LOL, Fletch, Hubert Davis will succeed Roy Williams at North Carolina and Steve Robinson will be Hubert Davis’s assistant coach whenever Roy Williams retires, My man(Facts), Fletch, Kentucky was courting and eventually signed Rick Pitino to

Become head coach for Kentucky in may of 1989 and during the 1988/89 season while Rick Pitino was head coach of the Knicks and that did not stop Rick Pitino from having a good year in his first year as head coach of Kentucky in 1989/90, With a gym class that had a 500 record with Jamal Masburn down as a Freshman in 1989/90 and Rick

Pitino signed Jamal Mashburn in 1989, Right after Rick Pitino signed on to coach Kentucky and Jamal Mashburn heard the rumor of Rick Pitino possibly going to Kentucky in early 1989(While Jamal Mashburn was playing for Cardinal Hayes HS in the Bronx), and Jamal Mashburn held out to see what might transpire with Rick Pitino’s

Coaching career and eventually it worked out for Jamal Mashburn and Rick Pitino and the Kentucky program thru the 90’s, So, It’s worth the wait for a program to sign a coach who can change a schools culture around mad fast despite the timeframe that a coach is hired during the upcoming season(Exhibit A:John Calipari did the very same

Thing with the University of Massachusetts program in 1989, And that consisted of John Calipari signing Lou Roe(Who was a top 10 HS All-American out of Atlantic City HS in 1989, Which was the same HS that produced Willie Glass(St.John’s), And Ralph Talley(Mad nice cat in the backcourt who playe for Norfolk state during the early to mid

80’s), So, If Russell Westbrook gives any indication that he will bounce from Oklahoma in the next few weeks(Especially after Golden state ran thru Oklahoma last night, My man/LOL), Billy Donavon will most definitely bounce too and If Indiana is smart with their’s, Indiana will wait to see what transpires with Billy Donavon’s situation in Oklahoma the next few weeks, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

March 21, 2017 at 3:56 PM #4321
    Participant

Dane Fife, Second Assistant Coach, Michigan State, and IU man!

Or Michigan State head assistant Dywane Stephens! Stephens might want to stick around State, though, like Robinson at Carolina!

March 21, 2017 at 4:01 PM #4322
    Participant

Oh, by the way, with Mike Hopkins taking the job at U-Dub, the assistant coaching game is gonna change! These ‘assistants’ are no longer gonna wait around until their head coaches kick the bucket! (LOL!) They’re gonna take the first opportunity. They ain’t gonna be waiting around any longer, for the Boeheims, Williams, Krzyzewskis, Izzo, Fews, etc. If someone like a Hubert Davis takes the first ‘opening’, I won’t be surprised! As Charles Barkley always says, “I may be wrong, but I doubt it!” (LOL!)

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Fletch.
    March 21, 2017 at 4:17 PM #4324
    Participant

JMHO……Billy Donovan is NOT happening!

March 22, 2017 at 12:46 PM #4327
    Participant

Fletch, Today’s assistant coaches are extremely ambitious with their’s, But, Not stupid enough to take a job that they
    Are not ready for(Exhibit A:Indiana, My man), Fletch, You mentioned Dane Fife and Dwayne Stephens as potential
    Candidates for Indiana’s head coaching spot with no prior head coaching experience between the two(Dane Fife and

Dwyane Stephens), Along with Indiana’s officals having to make the right decision on this one and put trust in an in-experienced cat to lead Indiana back to prominence is saying an a lot about Indiana’s once respected basketball pedigree and another cat who would change the culture at Indiana right away would be Danny Hurley(But, Money

Does not want to take another head coaching spot that requires him to rebuild again, Though, If Indiana were to throw 7-million a year at Danny Hurley, I wonder how much discipline for not re-building another schools basketball culture will stay with Danny Hurley, My man/LOL), Fletch, Hubert Davis was turning down jobs for years while he

Was at ESPN during the 2000’s and it took Roy Williams to request that he come back home to learn the science of being an college coach at Roy Williams knees, My man(Facts), Fletch, I was just throwing it out there in regards to

Billy Donavon being considered as a possible candidate for the Indiana spot, Though, If Russell Westrbrok gives any indication that he(Russell Westbrook), Will bounce after this season, Billy Donavon will listen to Indiana’s offer, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

March 25, 2017 at 4:07 PM #4365
    Participant

It’s Archie Miller……!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.