"Jerry Butler/Jean Carn".

• August 10, 2017 at 1:40 PM #5027
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Going thru my plates and i just discovered that Jerry Butler produced the plate, “Was that all it was”, By Jean Carn in 1979(The things you find out by going thru one’s plates on a regular basis/LOL), Also, I ran across a plate on Jerry Butler album that i have called, “Nothing says i love you, Like i love you”,

From 1978, That’s called, “”I’m just think about cooling out”, That was vastly under-rated on the New York city dance music circuit with the exception of afew cats and Frankie Crocker on BLS, Though, David Todd and Donald Stone used to run, “I’m just think about cooling out”, by Jerry Butler at a spot called, “Catacombs”, In Philadelphia(In the Downtown center city area on 12st and Walnut st), on a regular basis during the late 70’s/early 80’s.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Was that all it was”, By Jean Carn(Produced by Jerry Butler in 1979)

“I’m just thinking about coolin out”, By Jerry Butler(Produced by Gamble and Huff in 1978)

August 15, 2017 at 10:50 PM #5035
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Was That All It Was……..Definitely Jimmy Williams on bass. Jimmy played bass on Ain’t No Stopping Us Now!

(Different Jimmy Williams from the singer from Double Exposure!).

August 16, 2017 at 5:56 PM #5038
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, You’re man Jimmy Williams was most definitely playin, “In pocket”, On the bass for, “Was that all it was”, And, “Ain’t no stopping us now”, My man/LOL, Fletch, We all now Jerry Butler for being soulful vocally, Though, I would have never thought that Jerry Butler had that kind of dance music side to him in regards to productions, My man(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.