"Jimmy Williams(Double Exposure/Rip)

• February 15, 2017 at 10:49 AM #4030
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

I just found out Jimmy Williams(The voice of Double Exposure), Passed away afew month ago on October,30th of 2016, Besides the work put in by Jimmy Williams with Double Exposure during the 70’s/early80’s, Jimmy Williams also had a very nice plate called, “All my loving”, From 1983(That Larry Levan used to run alot at the Garage during

The early/mid 80’s), “All my loving”, Was produced by Bert Reid(Who was down with Crown Heights Affair during the 70’s and Bert Reid Produced the plate, “I’ll do anything for you”, by Denroy Morgan in 1981.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“All my loving”, by Jimmy Williams(1983)

February 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM #4031
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Not to be confused with the bassman Jimmy Williams, known for the great ‘Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now’ bassline, and his cutting a lot of Philly hits of the late 70s. That Jimmy Williams is still touring with the O’Jays, I believe!

February 17, 2017 at 9:42 AM #4043
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

This must have been a sleeper, promo cut, because I don’t recall this track.

February 17, 2017 at 1:22 PM #4045
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Mike Johnson, Larry Levan is the only cat that I’ve ever heard run, “All My lovin”, by Jimmy Williams at the Garage during the early/mid 80’s(Exhibit A:1983-1986), Mike, Jimmy Williams made another very obscure plate called, “Do

You really want to wait”, In 1987, That received very little airplay on the New York city and New Jersey dance music
    Circuit with the exception of Frankie Crocker runnin, “Do you really want to wait”, On BLS in 1987.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Do you really want to wait”, By Jimmy Williams(1987)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.