"John Salley on VLADTV"(10/16/2017)

• October 16, 2017 at 6:59 PM #5277
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

VLAD has a short interview with John Salley, Who is building on his days of playing for Canarsie HS in Brooklyn during the early 80’s, Playing for Georgia Tech during the early/mid 80’s, And, John Salley(I have to greatly challenge this bit of information coming out of John Salley’s mouth during this inteview/LOL), Being considered the top player in New York city in 1982(Exhibit A:Over Walter Berry who was a 2nd team HS all-american and top player in New York city in 1982/LOL),

Cats need to watch what they say during these interviews that i throw up/LOL, Because thier are cats that actually lived it, Opposed to cats that did not live it(In regards to John Salley calling himself the top player in New York city in 1982/LOL), On the low, John Salley was a Jehovah’, Who went door to door bothering mad cats to buy those Jehovah Witness pamplets in Canarsie during the mid 70’s/LOL, John Salley also played for the Guachos9Legendary BRonx AAU crew during the 70’s/80’s,90’s,2000’s).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

John Salley on VLADTV(1016/2017)

And Brooklyn USA during the late 70’s/early 80’s and John Salley was mad crew with Pearl, Along with John Salley being mad crew with Kenny Smith(TNT Analyst), Mark Jackson, Bug Eye Davender(Rip), Etc.

October 17, 2017 at 11:03 AM #5280
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

1) Damn, Mike! You calling out people’s religions! As if the Salleys, themselves knocked on your door, telling you to be AWAKE! (LOL!)

2) “Georgia Tech teaches you how to manage people. University of Georgia teaches you how to be the people we manage!” Did John Salley say that second part to Hershel Walker, Dominique, Vern Fleming, Terrell Davis and Garrison Hearst……? (LOL!)

October 17, 2017 at 11:48 AM #5281
    Participant

I’ve heard an interview with John Salley poppin shit that he was better than Pat Ewing in college during the early/mid 80’s(Exhibit A:On Jason Whitlock’s podcast show afew years ago and i was mad laughin at that statement coming out of John Salley’s fronts/LOL), Now, John Salley was a first team All-PSAL cat in 1982 with Pearl(Boys High), Walter Berry(Franklin), Kenny Hutchinson(Franklin), Andre Ervin(Hamilton), Walter Berry(Franklin), But, Ernie Myers(Tolentine), Was one of the

Top 3 cats in New York city in 1982 too/LOL, John Salley played at Canarsie with a cat by the name of Glenn Daniels(5’11 cat who was nice in the backcourt for Canarsie during the early 80’s), John Salley came afew years after Canarsie’s 1976 championship crew that went un-defeated(25-0), Via, Canarsie winning the 1976 PSAL championship over Lafeyette(Who had Stretch Graham, Ron Chisolm, Earl Nesbit, Etc, At St.John’s University, Hopefully, John Salley will not state that

He was the best cat to come out of Canarsie/LOL, Because, That most definitely would be untrue(Facts/LOL), The top cat to come out of Canarsie was World.B.Free and right behind World B.Free is O’Neal Tarrant(Guilford College), and, Geoff Huston(Texas Tech), Ty Ladson(Texas A&M), Curtis Redding(Texas A&m/St.John’s), Jessie Massey, Then, John Salley/LOL, I used to see John Salley at spots like the Garage, Harlem World, Celebrity Club, Justines(Money got in free one night off of

Being 6’9 in 1983/LOL), Etc, John Salley developed into a good player at Georgia Tech during the early to mid 80’s(Exhibit A:Under the tutelege of Bobby Cremins, Who thought John Salley was down with criminal shit via John Salley pushin an ice’d up show-room new car during his 4 years at Georgia Tech, That, John Salley’s older brother was coppin for him to push to school during the early/mid 80’s/LOL), John Salley and Bruce Dalrymple used to gettin free to spots in Atlanta like,

“Mr.’V’s”, On Campelton road in SW Atlanta during the mid 80’s(Along with Dominique Wilkens and Spud Webb too/LOL), John Salley is correct when he states that he was the very first cat from New York city sign with Georgia Tech in 1982(Followed by Bruce Daylrmple in 1983, Kenny Anderson in 1989, Stephon Marbury in 1995 and Kevin Morris in 1996, Kevin Morris used to play for King HS in Manhattan during the early to mid 90’s, But, Only played for 1 year at Georgia Tech due

To extremely high expectations coming from the basketball communites in Atlanta, Not Bobby Cremins, Just alumni at Georgia Tech, Because, Kevin Morris was following behind Stephon Marbury in 1996 and money(Kevin Morris), Was nice 1st team All-PSAL at King HS in Manhhtan in 1996), But, Not that nice to play on

The level that Georgia Tech’s alumni base were seeking from him/Facts), John Salley’s a very entertaining cat, Who is academically astute with his, Though, John Salley play’s the role, Very funny cat role to hide his academic prowess.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM #5282
    Participant

Fletch, Can you send your e-mail to me again(I deleted it thinking that you threw it on the deephousepage board, My man/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 17, 2017 at 3:53 PM #5286
    Participant

Fletch, Tommie Allen(Kiss-FM and Dow Twins throwdowns Dj during the 2000’s), Used to play with John Salley at Canarsie during the late 70’s/early 80’s too, My man/LOL, Fletch, I did not make it to the 1982 Wheelchair classic at

Marti Christi HS in Astoria,Queens, Though, I heard John Salley got stuck at the box(Of the backboard) by a 6’11 cat from All Hollows HS in the Bronx by the name of Oden(Term paper/LOL)Polynice, My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Maybe, John Salley will see this thread(Or some close to John Salley’s circle/LOL), and John Salley can expound on

This bit of information in regards to Oden Polynice, “Fetchin”, John Salleys shit at the box(Square portion of the backboard), Fletch, The game that John Salley got stuck at the Wheelchair classic in 1982 at Marti Christi HS in Queens, Featured, Brooklyn USA vs The Guachos(Which Oden Polynice was down with in 1982, My man).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

October 23, 2017 at 5:48 PM #5309
    Participant

Here’s part 2 and part 3 of the VLAD interview with John Salley.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

VLADTV interview with John Salley(10/22/2017)Part 2

VLADTV interview with John Salley(10/22/2017)Part 3

October 24, 2017 at 7:51 PM #5321
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

Nice video…

You always impress me with your NYC B Ball knowledge.

October 25, 2017 at 12:09 PM #5324
    Participant

Bigscore, Mad good lookin in regards to the very kind words(Bigscore, I truely lived it, So, “Their’s no need to, “Soup shit up”, About it during the 70’s and 80’s on the New York city basketball circuit, My man/Facts), Also, Not to come hard at John Salley/LOL, But, I do vividly recall John Salley pushin a 1985 show-room new Saab with a young lady in the passenger seat in November of 1985(Afew days before Thanksgiving of 1985), at a, “Krispy Kremes”, Donut spot on North Ave afew blocks

From Peachtree Street in midtown Atlanta(Which is actually Downtown Atlanta), This took place at 3:30am afew days before Thanksgiving of 1985, So, John Salley building about not having any money while he was at Georgia Tech during the early to mid 80’s is, Well, Somewhat, “Enhanced”, Now/LOL, John Salley is most definitely telling the truth when he states that Bobby Cremins and the alumni and administrators at Georgia Tech were most definitely not giving cats money for

Anything during the 80’s(Facts), Cats were going to class on a regular basis and graduating on time(Exhibit A:4 years, Some cats graduating in 4 years without going to summer school, Which is mad hard because Georgia Tech is one of the top academic institutions in the world, Not the country, The world, Along with Emory University in Atlanta, Which was called, “The Harvard of the south”, During the 70’s and 80’s and Georgia Tech has one of the top engineering schools in the world

Too/Facts, Bigscore, John Salley’s memory is kind of cloudy on some things during this interview/LOL, Though, One thing that John Salley did not state is, John Salley was a Deans list student at Georgia Tech with a B/A in Business administration in 1986(Money graduated ontime in 4 years at one of the top academic institutions in the world and money(John Salley), Never stated this bit of information, Which displays John Sally’s humble character side and John Salley never

Mentioned that 22 room Castle that he copped during the late 80’s outside of Detroit, While, John Salley was with the Detroit Pistons, That, John Sally did not furnish for a few months because of John Salley’s propensity to be un-conventional with his and when John Salley did furnish his rest(22 room Mansion in Michigan), John Salley did not have 1 item or accolade in his rest that displayed himself as a professional basketball player(Exhibit B, Money did not any photos,

Trophies, Plaques in his rest in Michigan that was 22 rooms, My man(Facts), Money(John Salley), Had a house full of african artifacts in his spot in Michigan(22 room mansion), Bigscore, When i saw John Salley that early morning at, “Krispy Kreme’s”, Donut spot in Atlanta in November of 1985, I asked John Salley if he knew afew cats from Queens, Like, Wendell Owens(Who played for Van Buren during the early 80’s and Wendell Owens from Hollis,Queens, Along with Wendell Owens

Making 1st team All-PSAL in 1982 at Van Buren and Wendell Owens played against John Salley at the 1982 Wheelchair classic at Marti Christi HS in Astoria,Queens, Wendeal Owens(6’2 lightskinned cat who was nice with his, Who orginally signed with Georgetown, Though, Money’s grades were low, So Wendell Owens went to San Jacino JC in Texas in 1982-84 And, Wendall Owens played for Texas Tech in 1985-87, Eventually playing in the NCAA’s vs Georgetown

Iin 1986(Wendell Owens cracked Georgetown’s ass mad lovely, Including pickin Horace Broadnax’s pocket in the backcourt, My man/LOL) ,Well, Wendell Owens played for, “Elmcor”, vs Brooklyn USA, Who, John Salley was down with at the 1982 Wheelchair classic in Astoria, Queens, My man), Bigscore, John Salley knew of Pete Edwards, and True(Who played with, “Elmcor”, In the 1982 Wheelchair classic vs Brooklyn USA(Who had John Salley, Pearl, Andre Ervin/Hamilton, Carlton Owens/Lincoln,Etc.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

October 25, 2017 at 4:44 PM #5328
    Participant

Fletch, John Salley also included Eric Marbury, Jeff Thomas and Sundiata Gaines in that quote about Georgia Tech teaches cats how to manage people and the University of Georgia teaches cats how to be the people we(Georgia Tech alumni), Manage via Eric Marbury(Stephon’s oldest brother), And Jeff Thomas both played with Vern Fleming

and Dominique Wilkens for Georgia during the late 70’s/early 80’s, And, Sundiata Gaines playing for Georgia during the mid/late 2000’s, My man/LOL, Fletch, Eric Marbury was a 2nd team All-PSAL cat for Lincoln in 1978 and Jeff Thomas was a 1st Team All-PSAL cat for Sheepshead Bay HS in Brooklyn in 1978 and Sundiata Gaines was a 1st

Team All-CHSAA(Catholic League) Cat for Molloy in 2004 and Sundiata Gaines put in much work for Georgia from 2004-2008(Exhibit A:Including Georgia’s crew playing 2 games in 1 day for the SEC championship vs Arkansas with Sundiata Gaines coppin the MVP award for the SEC championship series, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

October 27, 2017 at 10:54 AM #5333
    Participant

On the low, John Salley copped an brand new ic’ed up rest(Mansion), In the suburban Atlanta,Georgia area in 1987 for his moms and pops(John Salley’s second year with the Detroit Pistons, Though, Maybe, That’s why John Salley stated in part 2 of his interview with VLAD, That he had to take out a loan during his rookie year with the Detroit Pistons in 1986/LOL), And how do i know of this information/LOL, The Knicks were playing the Detroit Pistons in 1987 and during halftime of the

Detroit Pistons vs Knicks game in 1987, The Knicks had a profile on John Salley moving his moms and pops from Bayview Projects(Seaview ave and E98thst in Canarsie/Brooklyn), During the summer of 1987, Into a newly built rest in the Suburban Atlanta area during the summer of 1987(The area looked like Alpharetta,Georgia, Which is one of the most affluent and wealthy area’s in the state of Georgia and money/John Salley states in the interview that he did not make

That much money off of his rookie contract with the Detroit Pistons in 1986/LOL), Also, Fletch, Sundiata Gaines is from Jamaica,Queens and Sundiata Gaines is one of the best cats to have ever played for Molloy(Though, Sundiata Gaines was a nut with his/LOL, Money put in much work at Molloy and at the University of Georgia too, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.