"Kyrie Irving to Boston".

• August 23, 2017 at 10:28 AM #5071
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

The upcoming season on the college basketball and NBA circuits for 2017/18, Will be the most anticipated season of basketball since probably 1985, When, David Stern rigged the draft for the Knicks to snatch-up Pat Ewing(Facts/LOL), With Kyrie Irving going to Boston for Isiah Thomas, Will be very interesting to see(Money’s playing with JasonTatum from Duke, Gordon Haywood from Utah), And how will Isiah Thomas fit in with Cleveland this coming

Season, Also, Duke signed the number 1 HS player in the country in Marvin Bagley(Who de-commtted from the 2018 class to graduate this summer in the 2017 class and sign with Duke which is mad funny to me, Because Duke has had 3 cats de-commit the last 7 years to graduate ahead of their regular HS Graduating class to sign with Duke a year early, Without any of the cats having any problems academically with enough core classes and very high

SAT scores to become eligible to graduate a year early in 3 years and the 3 cats who graduated a year early in 3 years in HS to sign and be eligible to play for Duke were/Are, Andre Dawkins(Who won a NCAA championship with Duke in 2010, Derryck Thornton, Who played 1 year for Duke in 2015/16 and

Bounced from Duke to USC last year, Because of lack of playing time and this year Marvin Bagley, Who went to 3 HS’s in3 years and graduated 1 year early without any academic problems and missed core classes/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 25, 2017 at 1:38 PM #5087
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

1. I now know why Cleveland wanted Crowder and the Celts Number 1 pick: speculation that Isaiah might have a Bo Jackson hip……!

2. Mike Krzewzeski embraced the one and done a long time ago! Boeheim still trying to get it right. Boeheim tried to respond to the one and done via the grad transfer route, but Andrew White and John Gillon did not bring in the consistency, last year…….!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Fletch.
    August 25, 2017 at 2:29 PM #5089
    Participant

Fletch, Would yo care to elaborate on a timeline that you feel that Mike Krzewzeski embraced the, “One and done”, Route that HS cats have been taking sinc Skip Wise un-successfully tried to go the NBA route in 1975, after Skip Wise had a very successful Freshamn year at Clemson in 1974/75(Money/Skip Wise was the ACC Rookie of the year in 1975, Over Phil Ford Along with Skip Wise beine named 1st team All-ACC as a,

“FRESHMAN”, In 1975, Which was un-heard of at the time, Unless your name was David Thompson, Who Skip Wise played against in the ACC in 1975, My man(Facts), Fletch, To my recollection/LOL, Your man Mike Krzewzeski embraced the one and done route in 2015 with Jalil Okafor, Tyus Jones and Justice Winslow as freshman, My man(Facts), Mike Krzewzeski most definitely did not embrace the one and done route when Elton Brand and Cory

Maqettee were the very first cats from Duke to go to the NBA in 1999(Facts), Fletch, I find it very amusing nobody has brought up the fact that Marvin Bagley attended 3 HS’s in 3 years(That’s some Lloyd Daniels and Lenny Cooke type of shit, My man/LOL), While attaining enough core classes in those 3 HS’s to graduated 1 year ahead of his graduating class and to sign and play where, “Duke”, My man/LOL, Fletch, Tell me mad cats would have come out of

Left-field poppin shit about Marvin Bagley going to 3 HS’s in3 years with enough core classes to graduated 1 year ahead of his graduating class to sign with Kentucky instead of Duke(Cats would be all-over John Calipari for that shit), But, Not on, “Sir Lansalot’s”,(Mike Krzewzeski), Shit for the same thing, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 25, 2017 at 2:46 PM #5091
    Participant

Mike, you’re right!

That Okafor/Winslow, 2015 championship crew was when Mike Krzyzewski embraced the one and done! It was very recent! Yes, he battled Elton Brand and Corey Magette, but now has embraced it as sort of a necessary evil. McDonald’s All America cats are, for the most part, one and done, and if he’s gonna recruit Mick D’s All America’s, he realized he HAS to embrace it!

Boeheim’s problem is that with one exception, (Melo), he didn’t have Mick D’s recruits. However, a couple of them got souped up in the Tournament (Malachai Richarson), and went pro, even thought cats like Richardson, Donte Greene, Michael Carter Williams (sophmore) had no business going early. So, Beoheim went the grad transfer route, and didn’t work consistently, last year, with White and Dillon!

August 25, 2017 at 2:50 PM #5093
    Participant

“Fletch, Tell me mad cats would have come out of

Left-field poppin shit about Marvin Bagley going to 3 HS’s in3 years with enough core classes to graduated 1 year ahead of his graduating class to sign with Kentucky instead of Duke(Cats would be all-over John Calipari for that shit), But, Not on, “Sir Lansalot’s”,(Mike Krzewzeski), Shit for the same thing, My man/LOL. ”

In 2015, Tacko Fall was ineligible to play for Central Florida, because his high school was “not certified by the NCAA!” But Marvin Bagley goes to 3 high schools in three years! Go figure…..! (LOL!)

August 25, 2017 at 3:03 PM #5094
    Participant

Fletch, It’s very hard to develop transfer cats to a crews system in 1 year(Especially a system as complicated as Jim Bohiems defense sets, My man), Fletch, Roy Williams went to recruiting 4 star cats out of HS on a regular basis since 2011(When Travis and David Wear transferred out of North Carolina due to lack of playing time and those cats transferred to USC in 2011, After Being 5-star recruits in HS in2010, My man), Fletch, Roy Williams feels

That cats will stay In school and develop thru the years(3/4 years in School), Opposed to looking to go to the NBA right away as freshman(Unless a cat is rockin like that,W hich none of the one and done cats who has ever played for North Carolina were not doing as freshman and that’s going back to Phil Ford’s freshman year at North Carolina in 1974/75, In which, Phil Ford was voted ACC Tournament MVP(Which was the very first time a Freshman won

ACC tournament MVP), My man(Facts), Fletch, Cats like Marvin Williams and BrandonWright(6’9 left-handed cat who played for North Carolina in 2006/07 and money was the 5th pick in the 1st round draft in 2007 draft), Were most definitely not ready fort the NBA after their freshman years at North Carolina in 2005 and 2007, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM #5095
    Participant

Fletch, I’ve been following the game of basketball for49 years(1968), And i have never heard of a cat being so academically astute, While attending 3 HS’s in 3 years to graduate in a 3 year period and sign to play for an academlcally elite institution such as Duke,My man(Facts/LOL), Though, I have to question, how academically elite is that institution(Duke), When it comes to student athletes, On the low, Brandan Ingram was taking afew classes at North

Carolina Central in Durham,North Carolina during the 2015/16 season, Why, Because Brandon Ingram’s proposed academic development into a college setting was not that good to take part in a full work load of classes at Duke(Though, Duke has an agreement with North Carolina Central for student Athletes to participate in classes at North Carolina Central that would be to difficult for those student athletes to participate at Duke, And get credit for

Those classes at North Carolina Central(I don’t know how that works, My man/LOL), Fletch, I find it mad un-believable that a cat can attend 3 HS’s in 3 years, Be so academically astute in attending those 3 HS’s in 3 years(Because money is most definitely going to those 3 HS’s for basketball purposes, My man/LOL), That Marvin Bagley is eligible to graduate 1 year ahead of his graduating class(Damn, Money was tripling up on his core classes during the last

3 years at those 3 HS’s to become eligible to graduate in 3 years with enough core classes to graduate 1 year before his graduating class in 2018, After Brandon Ingram was outed for taking classes that were easy to pass at North Carolina Central in 2015/16, My man(And the NCAA is in North Carolina’s shit for academic fraud and lack of institutional control), My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 29, 2017 at 7:34 AM #5099
    Participant

Mike,

You know what I think will happen? I think if there is any impropriety at Duke (having a cat take classes at NC Central), the NCAA will lay the hammer on Duke AFTER Krzyzewski retires, Same way it did with Kentucky, after Rupp and Joe B Hall left–Pitino had to clean that up–or Alabama football, after Bear Bryant stepped down!

Now, some would argue that the NCAA is scared to step to those mentioned and step to the ‘litttlest’ schools! (1. Tarkanian thought going after UNLV was selective enforcement; 2. Do you remember that Brooklyn College–yeah, that Brooklyn College– was Division I, and got put out of business because of probation and Title IX?)

August 29, 2017 at 1:15 PM #5100
    Participant

Fletch, That’s the hypocrisy that the NCAA has been guilty of for decades in regards to governing and policing the activities of all schools in this country, Opposed to allowing certain coaches who have stellar basketball accolades to do whatever they choose to, Be it, Legal or illegal, Moral or amoral, Honesty or Grimy, etc, My man(Facts), Fletch, Build with me on the Brooklyn College probation title IX thing, My man(I’m un-aware of this, Though, I most

Definitely know that Ray Haskins, Was under mad scrutiny when he put Richie Parker down on LIU’s crew in 1994), After Richie Parker was accused of rape in 1994, While attending Manhattan Center(Franklin in Harlem), Fletch, The sports media is more concerned with Duke potentially winning the 2018 National Championship, Than, If Marvin Bagley’s attending classes right now at Duke(Which i haven’t heard anything about in regards to Marvin

Bagley on campus going to classes right now at Duke, My man/LOL), Fletch, Bobby Knight(With the dumbshit that’s been swept under the rug in regards to the sexual allegations by 4 young ladies concerning Bobby Knight in July of this year), Well, Bobby Knight would have most definitely come out of the woodwork to criticize John Calipari if MarvinBagley would have signed with Kentucky instead of Duke, My man(Facts), Fletch, I know Mike Krzyzewski’s

Basketball history mad hard from the gate(When Mike Krzyzewski was an assistant coach on the Pan-Am team in 1979 and it was Mike Krzyzewski who orchestrated the nonsense with the Puerto Rico policeman and Bobby Knight during the Pan-Am games during the summer of 1979(Facts), Fletch, Mike Krzyzewski has been a, “Sucka to his heart”, From day one with Duke(1980), Yet, Mike Krzyzewski was able to hide behind that Bobby Knight pedigree

That he had while playing for Bobby Knight at Army during the mid to late 60’s and thru great basketball success, Mike Krzyzewski has enjoyed the fruits of doing whatever he wants to do as long as his actions are not blatant(Like, Joe Paterno and Penn St, My man), Beyond the lines of moral conduct that Mike Krzyzewski and the NCAA loves to promote themselves for, My man(LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.