'Love no limit", by Mary J.Blidge(1992)

• October 24, 2017 at 12:20 PM #5313
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

The plate, “Love no limit”, by Mary J. Blidge was vastly under-rated in 1992(I wish Mary J. would have had the opportunity to sing in this tempo and vocal key on more songs during the 90’s), Also, I would have loved to see Mary J. work with Ashford/Rip and Simpson, and Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis during the 90’s(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Lover no limit”, By Mary J.Blidge(1992)

October 24, 2017 at 7:22 PM #5316
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

I’m not a big Mary fan, but this, “Be Happy” and “All That I Can Say” are my favorite MJB tracks. I once heard Mary in an interview where she credits Anita Baker for the inspiration behind “Love Not Limit.”

October 24, 2017 at 7:32 PM #5317
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

1 of my favorite MJB joints !

October 24, 2017 at 7:33 PM #5318
    Participant

1 of my favorite MJB joints !

Ashford & Simpson are my ALL TIME favorite duets

October 24, 2017 at 7:35 PM #5319
    Participant

and sooo many more

October 25, 2017 at 2:24 PM #5326
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Loved the original “Love No Limit!” Wasn’t a big fan of the remix!

Both “411” and “My Life” are classics, for me!

“All That I Can Say” was a Lauryn Hill production. On bass is a cat named Tom Barney (dude played with Miles, Chaka Khan and Steely Dan!), foster son of jazz bassist Bob Cranshaw! One of the basslines of the decade!

October 25, 2017 at 3:10 PM #5327
    Participant

Bigscore, I haven’t heard, “Get out your Hankerchief”, In decades, My man(I’ll have to go thru my collection to see if i still have the plate, My man/LOL), Bigscore, “Get out your hankerchief”, Was mad under-rated on the New York city dance music circuit, Along with the plate, “Tried Tested and found true”, by Ashford and Simpson from 1976(Which

Should have been a big hit commercially, Yet, It was an underground hit on the New York city dance music circuit in 1976 and years After), My man/Facts, Mike Johnson, I can see Anita Baker being an inspiration to Mary J. to sing, “Love no Limit”, in 1992, I just love Mary J.s vocals in this vocal key that displays Mary J.’s vocal range and

Dexterity, My man, Fletch, Good lookin in regards to the information on Lauryn Hill producing th eplate, “All that I can say”, By Mary J.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Tried, Tested and Found True”, By Ashford and Simpson(1976)

October 29, 2017 at 12:40 PM #5337
    Participant

Good looking on Tried, Tested….

I forgot to mention Stay Free & Bourgie Bourgie

October 30, 2017 at 11:11 AM #5340
    Participant

Another vastly under-rated plate by Ashford and Simpson is, “The Debt is settled”, Off of the, “Is it good to ya”, Album from 1978.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“The Debt is settled”, By Ashford and Simpson(1978)

October 31, 2017 at 12:34 PM #5343
    Participant

Mary J’s life was going in a very negative direction via Mary J. being romantically down with Ki-Ci from Jodeci during the mid 90’s, Also, On the low, Suge Knight negotiated(LOL), A deal to get Mary J. and Jodeci out of their recording contracts with Uptown records in 1994, Via, Suge Knight(Negotiating/LOL), Andre Harrell(Dr.Jeckell/LOL), To release both Mary J and Jodeci out of their contracts with Uptown records in 1994(Facts), It’s still mad bugged to me that Mary J.

And, Jodeci being down with Suge Knight(Who was Mary J’s and Jodeci’s manager after they both bounced from Uptown in 1994), And not getting jerked financially like they both were with Uptown and Andre Harrell(Money still refuses to state that he’s from Bronx River Projects in the South Bronx/LOL).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.