Rest in peace Dick Gregory……!

• August 20, 2017 at 3:01 PM #5053
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Yes, I disagreed with, 1) his loose use of the N word, 2) some of his out there ‘conspiracy theories’, 3) his trashing a young writer over the Miles Davis movie. But Dick Gregory was a true activist and civil rights pioneer.

His thoughts on the need to improve the American diet were correct. And while African Americans rooted for Doug Williams in Super Bowl XXII, Dick Gregory was unafraid to go the other way and root for the Broncos, becoming one of the first celebrities to advocate removal of the Redskins nickname. And his comedy had myself and countless others laughing out of our seats. May Richard Claxton Gregory take his rest…..!

August 20, 2017 at 11:18 PM #5055
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

Rest In Peace

August 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM #5058
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, One of Dick Gregory’s conspiracy theories that i most definitely dis-agreed with was the 2014 Super Bowl game between New England vs Seattle and Dick Gregory stated in an interview that Pete Carroll did not want Marshawn Lynch to get the MVP award for the 2014 super bowl game(I agree with Dick Gregory on this part, Though, Dick Gregory stated that Pete Carroll devised a play to have Russell Wilson throw a pass the a, “White Boy”, Instead of

Giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch at the 1 yard line, Which is not true in regards to Dick Gregory’s assertion of Russell Wilson throwing the pass to win the game to a, “White Boy’, Which was Doug Baldwin, “Fair-skinned cat”, But, Not a white boy even by Dick Gregory’s standards, My man/LOL), Fletch, I often wonder why cats who feel that they stand for, “Something”, Wait until that, “Something”, That they stand for is popular to raise their voices, In

Regards to Dick Gregory being an advocate for the removal of the Washington Redskins nickname, Which has been in existence since the 1932, Yet, Dick Gregory raised his voice to have the Washington Redskins nickname removed during the 90’s/2000’s, My man/LOL, Fletch, I had the utmost of respect for

Dick Gregory’s activism spirit, Information(No matter how wild and hard to fathom as it truely was/LOL) and his voice and character to lead and be on the front lines for social change and prosperity for all, My man(Rip, Dick Gregory).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

August 21, 2017 at 6:37 PM #5061
    Participant

NEVER, EVER, thought Dick Gregory would end up in a Nike commercial, even at Kevin Durant’s request…..!

August 22, 2017 at 9:27 AM #5062
    Participant

Fletch, Dick Gregory was a very hard cat to interview for anyone, Especially a young cat or young lady(Why), Because Dick Gregory would make cats feel mad un-comfortable via Dick Gregory’s challenging ways of giving information and being questioned on the accuracy of his information in regards to facts, My man/LOL, Fletch, For a young cat like Kevin Durant to be up on a cat like Dick Gregory shows me how historically astute and aware Kevin Durant is, Via

Kevin Durant’s moms, “Scoopin”, Kevin Durant up on Dick Gregory, My man/Facts, Fletch, I wonder if Dick Gregory would have been in a Nke commerical at the request of Sonny Vaccaro, My man/LOL.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 22, 2017 at 10:02 PM #5067
    Participant

He roasted this Brotha…….! (LOL!)

August 23, 2017 at 9:56 AM #5070
    Participant

Damn/LOL, I haven’t seen this clip of Dick Gregory before,Though, I most definitely know how Dick Gregory used to, “Get down for his crown”, On cats, My Man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Who do you feel is or would have been the most intimidating interview(Dick Gregory or John Thompson, Being in a setting were he

Could used mad profanity, My man/LOL), Fletch, The only cat who could control and not fess to Dick Gregory in regards to an interview was Gil Noble(“Like it is”, Fame during the 70’s-90’s), My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

August 25, 2017 at 12:11 PM #5083
    Participant

“Who are you to tell me who to yell at? I yelled at one of the most powerful MF’s in the world! I take on the CIA, nigga!”

Crazy Dick was correct! Hoover’s COINTELPRO on him prooves it! Damn, Hoover was a crazy heffa……!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/22/j-edgar-hoover-saw-dick-gregory-as-a-threat-so-he-schemed-to-have-the-mafia-neutralize-the-comic/?utm_term=.519a3787450e

And maybe Riddick Bowe should’ve stayed on Dick Gregory’s Bahamian “maggot juice”…….!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/boxing-mma-wrestling/dick-gregorys-comedy-made-him-famous-his-diet-helped-make-riddick-bowe-a-champ/2017/08/21/e2a62a8e-8671-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html?utm_term=.70e05604e88b

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Fletch.
    August 25, 2017 at 2:31 PM #5090
    Participant

Fletch, Dick Gregory was most definitely on the frontlines for racial equality and i still don’t know how Dick Gergory lived thru the life that he led during the 1960’s and this article just illustrates how grimy J.Edgar Hoover was in regards to black folk, My man(Facts), Fletch, As we both know, Co-intel Pro killed Malcolm X, Dr.King, Medgar Evers(On the low, My man), The Panthers, SNCC, Etc, During the 1960’s70’s, And with the exposing of, “Co-Intel Pro”,

During the 1960’s, Came the new creation to further destroy the Black community(Movin weight), Which started in New York city during the early 40’s with the weight coming from and being created in Sicliy and Marseille,France during the early/mid 40’s, Thus, Their was no need to continue with the, “Co-Intel Program”, Thru the 70’s, Because the, “Co-intel Program”, Was exposed by the, “Freedom of information act”, In congress in 1967 and by flooding

Weight into The black community during the 60’s and 70’s(Heavily, Though only bigtime celebrites had access to coppin weight during the 1940’s,50’s, In New York city), TheGovernemnt had an alibi as to not having any illegal dealings trying to govern the actions in the black community via Co-intel pro,Allowing the movin of weight to destroy the black community by black drug dealers movin the weight into the community via the, “Man”, My

Man(Facts), Fletch, Dick Gregory exposed all of this bit of information during the 60’s and 70’s on shows like, “Like it is”, With, Gil Noble(Rip),
    During the 70’s and whenever a black activist exposes so much information about the illegal dealings of the, “United snakes government”, I’m very

surprised that Dick Gregory never had an attempt on his life via the Government puttin a, “Mickey”, In Dick Gregory’s drink(Like the Government tried to do withCastro during the early60’s in Cuba), My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.