"Strategy', By Archie Bell and the Drells(1979)

• May 19, 2017 at 10:19 AM #4606
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

The plate, “Strategy’, By Archie Bell and the Drells was very popular on the New York city dance music circuit in 1979(Facts), “Strategy”, Was produced by McFadden and Whitehead(“Aint’ no stopping us now”, Fame in 1978).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

“Strategy”, by Archie Bell and the Drells(1979)

June 19, 2017 at 6:24 PM #4762
    Profile photo of pankladypanklady
    Participant

As shucks now…

June 19, 2017 at 6:25 PM #4763
    Profile photo of pankladypanklady
    Participant

Awwww shucks now! Get it.

June 21, 2017 at 9:01 AM #4775
    Profile photo of Mike JohnsonMike Johnson
    Participant

This track is still good with me!

June 21, 2017 at 9:29 AM #4778
    Participant

Kenny Gamble(Co-founder of Philadelphia International records), Most definitely has his IP Attorney’s on speed-dial, Just incase a hiphop cat tries to lift the beat from, “Strategy”, For the last 38 years(Since no one has ever lifted the beat to, “Strategy”, To my knowledge/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

June 21, 2017 at 3:48 PM #4784
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

This is one of them joints where I’m at Max’s in North Philly, eating a cheese steak, and having a drink at the bar, nodding my head!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Fletch.
    June 22, 2017 at 11:06 AM #4786
    Participant

Fletch, Where is the spot, “Max’s located in North Philadelphia(Exhibit A;Close to Girard ave or Ridge ave and are you up on the Robin hood Dell East on 33rdst and Ridge ave in North Philadelphia).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

June 22, 2017 at 12:37 PM #4787
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Mike,

Max’s is on the three-street intersection of North Broad Street, Germantown and Erie Avenues, in North Philly! Best cheesesteak in Philly! was up in there on Father’s Day, and the juke box was rockin’ Teddy and Billy Paul joints! Definitely in the hood, that’s why not a lot of tourists don’t want to go out there! That’s cool, because it won’t get gentrified! (LOL!), although I hear the movie ‘Creed’ was filmed there…..!

Max’s is the joint, though!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Fletch.
    June 22, 2017 at 1:37 PM #4789
    Participant

Fletch, “Max’s”, Sounds like it’s very close to Germantown and the spot has a juke box too, My man/LOL, Fletch, How does North Philadelphia look these days in regards to the words, “Gentrified”, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.