The Rucker – Jay Z vs Fat Joe

• April 23, 2017 at 2:41 PM #4544
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

April 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM #4550
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, Greg G’s wish was to bring Barack Obama to the Rucker, While Barack Obama was in officea s President(I threw up an article stating this afew years ago and some cats were buggin that I put it out in a public consumption format on the internet), Though, Nothing happened when David Stern and Bill Clinton came up to the Rucker in

2002, Featuring, Secret Service ready to get it in on any cat trying to start any nonsense(Exhibit A:”Pap,Pap,Pap”, My man/LOL), Fletch, That Jayz vs Fat Joe game would have been the best game ever played at the Rucker in 2003(If not for the blackout(Facts).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

Alltime best MC’s at the Rucker:
    1.Plucky(70’s)
    2.Duke Tango(80’s)
    3.Hannibal(90’s/2000’s)
    4.Boobie(2000’s)

May 16, 2017 at 5:53 PM #4597
    Participant

Bigscore(My apologies for assuming that you were Fletch, In regards to starting this thread, My man/LOL), Bigscore, If you run into any footage of the, “Sniff Tournament”, Please throw it on the board and let’s build, My man(Facts/LOL), Bigscore, We both know the many veteran cats on the New York city basketball circuit who played at the Sniff tournament at Baisley Park(The

Park with the Tennis courts and big lites off of Supthin Blvd and Baisley Blvd during the mid/late 80’s, Featuring drug crews like The Supreme-Team crew, Corly’s crew from 40 projects, Fatcats crew, Tommy(Tony Montana)Mickens crew, Rich Porter/Po’s

Crew from Uptown/Harlem, Etc, Founded by Supreme in 1984(But, Coined, “The Sniff Tournament”, By your man True from Baisley Projects who used to rest across the street from Supreme off of Foch blvd and New York blvd, My man/LOL).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

Sniff tournament alumni short list of cats:
    1.Mark Jackson(St.John’s/Knicks)
    2.Walter Berry(St.John’s/Portland Trailblazers)
    3.True Carter(St.Thomas Aquinas)
    4.Steve Burtt(Iona/Golden State Warriors)
    5.Derrick Cheivious(Missouri/Houston Rockets)

6.Dave Edwards(Georgetown/Texas A&M)
    7.Kenny Patterson(DePaul)
    8.Vern Moore(Crieghton)
    9.Billy Goodwin(St.John’s)
    10.Kenny Hutchinson(Arkansas)

11.Bev and Rich Morris(Twin from Springfield Gardens, Who both played for Springfield HS and Southern University during the early to late 80’s).

12.Anthoney Mason/Rip(Knicks/Tennessee State)
    13.Boo Harvey(St.John’s)
    14.Ron Edwards(Jackson HS)
    15.Doug Harris(Jackson HS)

May 19, 2017 at 12:37 PM #4613
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

A sitting President visiting Rucker Park would have created an entire mess along the 1-95. Mind you, Rucker is not too far from the GWB and Cross Bronx. And ya definitely can’t do that when there is a Yankee home game! (ballpark right across the Harlem River). The logistics of security is not in either Rucker or the Secret Service’s favor! JMHO…!

May 20, 2017 at 11:49 AM #4614
    Participant

Fletch, I-95 is a ways from the Rucker(I-95’s exit to get to the Rucker is located on 175thst and Amsterdam ave on the Westside of Harlem, About 20 blocks from the Rucker on 155thst and 8thave), Fletch, I thought you would mention traffic concerns on the Henry Hudson Parkway and the Harlem river Drive, Before I-95, My man/Facts), Fletch, Kobe Bryant came to

The Rucker with secret service type security and nothing sparked-up a few years ago, My man/LOL, Fletch, Do you really feel the community in Harlem would allow a cat to try(Again, Try/LOL), To, “Snipe”, Barack Obama(Fuck secret service, The community in harlem would handle any type of nonsense, Like the cat who was down with shooting Malcolm X at the Audobon

Ballroom on 165thst and Broadway in 1965, Getting his “Wig pushed back”, By the community in Harlem for being one of the shooters of Malcolm X, My man, Fletch, Harlem would not have allowed no dumb-shit that night if Barack Obama would have come uptown to the Rucker afew years ago, My man(Facts), Fletch, When Castro visited New York city in 1960, Castro

Was, “Lampin”, At the Hotel Theresa in Harlem(125thst and 8thave), Why, Because of the community of harlem was where Castro felt safe, Opposed to Castro, “Lampin”, At any of the 5-star Hotels in midtown Manhattan controlled by, “The man”, My man/LOL, Fletch, Castro visited the United Nations afew years after the Bay of pigs nonsense in 19609, Featuring the United

Snakes trying to overthrow the Cuban Government because of Castro’s alliances with Russia in 1960, So, Castro would only stay at the Hotel Theresa in Harlem, Were he felt safe from the United Snakes field of power(Exhibit A:Hitman, Mercenaries, Special Forces Cats, Seal-Team-6, Mafia, CIA, FBI, NYPD), Etc, Trying to assassinate Castro at any costs in 1960, My man(Facts),

Fletch, Harlem’s the welcome mat for any cat lookin to, “Lamp”, in the community, While visiting New York city, My man(Facts), Fletch, Barack Obama’s the type of cat who would have wanted to play in a game at the Rucker, While in office as President, Opposed to watching a game at the Rucker while in office as President, My man(Facts/LOL).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

May 20, 2017 at 3:14 PM #4618
    Participant

Mike,

A highway that’s only 20 blocks away from Rucker, that distance being a section of a Manhattan Island that’s mad small, does create serious logistical problems, especially when trying to host a sitting President! The entire Northeast Corridor would get clogged! I bet that’s why they couldn’t do it!

And Kobe v. Obama…..there’s a big difference between security for an NBA star and that of a sitting President!

May 22, 2017 at 8:23 AM #4623
    Participant

Fletch, Money(Barack Obama), Was down with coming to the Rucker, So I look at that as a means of it would have come off(Barack Obama coming to the Rucker years ago), Fletch, Was the Belt parkway,Eastern Parkway and Atlantic ave backed up for miles when Jimmy Carter came thru Bed stuy during his tenure as President(You put the

Picture of Jimmy Carter swingin thru Bed stuy during the mid 70’s), My man/LOL, Fletch, All I know is in regards to the difference between the security for a sitting President and security for Kobe Bryant is, When their’s potential

Danger in the mist, Secret services and Kobe Bryant’s security, “Dogs will most definitely bark”, in regards to ,”Pap,Pap,Pap”, When it comes to head-tappin a cat bringin nonsense, My man/LOL).

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

May 22, 2017 at 9:55 AM #4625
    Participant

Fletch, If a cat were to try to snipe Barack Obama, (While he was in office), By what you stated earlier in regards to serious logistical problems on I-95, Please explain to me how a cat,crew, Etc, Would have made it out of Harlem without getting, “Sniped”, Right back, My man(Facts), Fletch, You should have moved to Harlem instead of the

Bronx, Because your confidence in the community of harlem is showing in this thread, My man/LOL, Also, Barack Obama was not in danger of being, “Sniped”, During his 8 years in office, Including Barack Obama walking down city streets all-over this country, Especially during the inauguration day festivities in 2008, So, Secret Service devised a

Plan to shut-down Washington, DC during a presidents inauguration day events(With the many highway arteries in the Washington, DC area like I-495 Beltway going around the southern Maryland/Washington,DC area), I-395 going to Northern Virginia via the 10thst Bridge by the Pentagon), Etc, And all of that was shut-down during Barack

Obama’s inauguration day event in 2008 without no dumbshit, Yet, You believe cats would have tried to, “Snipe”, Barack Obama uptown at the Rucker in 2012, My man/LOL, Fletch, If Barack Obama would have come to the Rucker in 2012 secret service would have had to worry about cats on the Macombs Bridge(Overlooking Rucker park on

155thst and 8thave going to the Bronx and Yankee Stadium), The Polo Ground Projects directly across the street from the Rucker on 155thst, Which goes to 20 plus floors and 8thave and the Colonial Projects right behind the Polo Grounds Projects on 155thst and 8thave, Which goes to 20 plus floors too and the Public school right by the Rucker

(I forgot the name of the school/LOL), Etc, In regards to any potential, “Sniping”, Of Barack Obama at the Rucker, Fletch, Greg Marius knew Harlem mad hard and money(Greg Marius), Would have greatly assured Barack Obama of his safety if Barack Obama would have come to the Rucker in 2012, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

May 22, 2017 at 3:27 PM #4626
    Participant

Mike,

When Obama came to Brooklyn in 2013, Marine One landed in Prospect Park! After a stop at P-Tech High (on the grounds of Paul Roberson), He took a stop at Juniors. Someone I know worked right across the street from Juniors! She was told, in no uncertain terms, to “keep the f’in blinds down, and don’t look out the window!” Now, as you rightfully said, across from Rucker is the 20-something story Polo Grounds PJs. 20 stories of windows and blinds to ‘keep down’ is one tall task! The ‘keep the shades and windows down’ might have come from the lessons learned in Dallas, with JFK. Just my theory on that one, but a real thought!

I do remember Jimmy Carter rolling through Tompkins Avenue. It was 1980, and he was on his way to a function at Concord Baptist. All the politicians, plus Ali, was to meet him there! (forgot what the purpose was. All I remember was that Ali was there! LOL!)). Anyway, I don’t recall whether any windows were down in any of the buildings on Tompkins Av. My apartment, while on Tompkins Av, was around the back, so more than likely, my moms was not ‘instructed’ to keep the windows and shades down! Given that we were in the back, I went outside to watch! To this day, I never seen so many black limos and cops in my doggone life!

It ain’t about ‘having confidence’, or lack thereof, in Harlem. Just pointing out possible logistical issues with the Rucker!

May 22, 2017 at 6:41 PM #4627
    Participant

Fletch, Logistics did not stop John Hinckley from puttin two in Ronald Regan in 1981(The day of the 1981 NCAA championship game being played at the Spectrum in Philadelphia), Though, Money(John Hinkley), Was mad close to getting at Ronald Regan that day in 1981, My man, Fletch, You didn’t follow thru on your theory of I-95 being backed-up for miles if Barack Obama

Would have come to the Rucker in regards to my question to you concerning the escape route that cats would have taken if Barack Obama would have been, “Sniped”, at the Rucker(Since your building about Logistics, My man/LOL), Fletch, The Blackness in me would never allow me to believe the community of Harlem would allow anyone to even consider bringing harm

To the very first black President of the United Snakes and there would be so many sharp-shooters on the Macombs Bridge and adjacent projects around the Rucker and the Polo Grounds Projects and Colonial Projects for blocks stretching down 8thave to the Bronx(For cats with expert marksman skills, Who can give it to a cat from 5 plus miles away, My man), That it would have

Felt like the Rucker was located in a police station the night of Barack Obama’s appearance at the Rucker in2012, My man(Facts/LOL), Fletch, Jimmy Carter coming thru Bed Stuy for an event at a church, Shows that a cat is not coppin pleas’s when it comes to being accessible to the public like that(Regardless of the location of where the event is taking place, My

Man(Facts), Fletch, I can most definitely see Barack Obama coming thru the Rucker now, Maybe with his man Reggie Love with him, Infact, Reggie Love and Barack Obama would probably play at the Rucker now that Barack Obama has the time, My man/LOL. Fletch, DL Hughley had a comedy skit where he stated that he could never be a secret service agent, Because a

Secret service agent has to give up his life for the President, DL Hughley stated his very first day on the job being a secret service agent would have went like this: DL Hughley as a secret service agent, “Hello, Their’s a problem, The president’s been shot”, Where are you ask, “DL Hughley’s superiors at the Secret Service office”, “DL Hughley’s response, Behind a truck nigga”.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.