Unsung(Eddie Kendricks/08/22/17)

• September 5, 2017 at 2:47 PM #5122
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Tv-one, Unsung, Has a very informative,Enlightening and very sad documentary on the life of Eddie Kendricks, Things that I did not know about Eddie Kendricks, Diana Ross, “Getting it up straight”, With Eddie Kendricks, While, Eddie Kendricks was married, Rick James being the nephew of Melvin Franklin and Rick James producing the Temptations, “Reunion Tour”, Album in 1981, Also, Norman

Whitfield most definitely upgraded The Temptations sound with the plate, “Cloud 9”, In 1969, Along with Dennis Edwards upgrading the Temptations vocals by replacing Dennis Edwards in 1969 too, Afew things that were not mentioned in the documentary, The impact that the song, “Girl you need a change of mind”, Had on the dance music circuit in 1972 via the changes in tempo, Melody and harmony’s

That, Eddie Kendricks layed down over the production of the plate(Which was produced by Frank Wilson and Leonard Caston in 1972),
    Also, Norman Harris(Trammps,MFSB), Produced 2 plates called, “Going up in smoke”, And, He’s a Friend”, By Eddie Kendricks in 1976 That were extremely thought-provoking and inspiring, Though, Dance oriented that will always be classics on the dance music circuit

(Along with, “Girl you need a change of mind), Also, Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin appeared on the song and video to, “Sun city”, Which was a protest song against Apartheid in 1985, Sun city was produced by Steven Van Zandt and the video to, “Sun city”, Was Directed by Jonathan Demme(Silence of the lambs), In 1985.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Cloud 9”, By The Temptations(1969)

“Girl you need a change of mind”, By Eddie Kendricks(1972)

“Going up in smoke”, By Eddie Kendricks(1976)

“He’s a Friend”, By Eddie Kendricks(1976)

“Sun city”, By Artists United Against Apartheid (1985)

September 19, 2017 at 9:28 PM #5167
    Profile photo of BigscoreBigscore
    Participant

I missed the Fred Williamson Unsung and can’t find it online…DAMN

September 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM #5171
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Bigscore, Fred Williamson used to hang at the Rucker during the mid 70’s(And Fred Williamson used to hang at, “Smalls Paradise”, on 135thst and 7thave in Harlem, Which was owned by Wilt Chamnberlain during the 60’s to mid 70’s), Bigscore, “Smalls Paradise”, Was the, “Bentley’s”, Of the 60’s,70’s and actually, going back to the 1930’s with cats like,

Bumpy Johnson, Pop Freeman(Who used to move weight in Queens during the 60’s,70’s, And, Pop Freeman put cats like Ronnie Bump on the movin weight circuit during the late 70’s, My man), Madam St.Clair, Infact, Howard Hughes and Lana Turner used to hang at Small’s Paradise during the 1950’s/60’s, My man/LOL), Bigscore, Hollywood used to rock the mic

At Smalls Paradise during the early 70’s to late 70’s and Fred Williamson was mad crew with Jim Brown and Jim Kelly(ThreeThe hard way in 1974, My man/LOL), Bigscore, Fred Williamson has been on a few episodes of, “Being Mary Jane”, On BET the last few weeks(Gabriel Union’s show/LOL), Also, I was buggin when i found out that Fred Williamson

Graduated from Northwestern University in 1960(One of the top academic schools in the world), Which shows alot in regards to Fred Williamson’s business acumen after his football career was over in 1968, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.