Walt \"The Wizard\" Williams…….

• July 17, 2017 at 2:55 PM #4895
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Gotta ask peeps: This dude might have been the precursor to the millennial (2017) player! 6-8, could handle, could shoot, court vision, versatile, everything.

How come this dude never put up Hall of Fame “Wizard” numbers, (only 8300+ points), despite having Hall of Fame, versatile “Wizard” skills? At least with cats like Grant Hill and Steve Smith, we use injuries as an excuse! I don’t remember “Wizard” getting hurt all that much. Unless y’all know otherwise…..!

July 17, 2017 at 6:32 PM #4898
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

Fletch, Walt Williams had an injury prone career in the NBA, Which detained Walt Williams from reaching the greatness that he should have attained during his NBA career during the 90’s, My man(Facts), Fletch, Walt Williams was nicer than Steve Smith, Though, Not nicer than Gran Hill(Walt Williams would most definitely had given it to Grant Hill despite the injuries thru-out his career, My man), Also, Walt Williams played on some wack crews(Sacremento Kings, Toronto Raptors, Etc),

During the 90’s, And everybody’s not going to come off like that(Exhibit A:Like cats predict, Exhibit A:Pearl, Dennis Hopson, Tommy LaGarde, Phil Sellers, Scott May, Kent Benson, Reggie Williams, Joe Barry Carroll,Etc, So, Walt Williams had reasons as to why he did not rock in the NBA during the 90’s, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

July 18, 2017 at 2:45 PM #4899
    Participant

Fletch, Willie Burton(Minnesota), Was another 6’8 cat with a handle,Jumper, Bunnies(Can get up), Defense, Court IQ(See’s the floor), Alot like Walt Williams, Grant Hill, Steve Smith(Who is mad crew with Willie Burton from their days of playing against one-another on the Detroit,Michigan HS basketball circuit during the early/mid 80’s), Etc, Though, Willie Burton’s NBA career was curtailed by mental illiness’s(Depression), Which detained

Willie Burton’s developmental process in the NBA during the 90’s, My man(Facts), Fletch, I most definitely felt that Reggie Williams(Georgetown),Was going to be the next superstar cat to come thru the door on the NBA circuit in 1987, Though, Sometimes a cat gets drafted for the, “Position”, That a cat plays, Rather than, “Need”, That a crew has to have, Which is the difference between going to a crew as an option number-1 cat(Exhibit A:Michael Jordan,

Akeem, Pat Ewing, Isiah Thomas, Mark Aquirre, Etc), Opposed to a cat getting drafted by a crew as an option number 3 or 4 or even 5 cat and that’s a very hard adjustment to be looked upon as a option number 3,4,5 cat, In the NBA, When a cat is a very high draft pick, Who has been an option number 1 cat his

Whole life during a cat’s basketball career and with Walt Williams injury prone career, Money(Walt Williams), Has had his share of physical aillments and detainments that has limited his basketball growth in the NBA, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

July 19, 2017 at 11:16 AM #4904
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

Mike,

Didn’t know that Willie Burton had depression! (reminders of the late Bison Dele, who also had depression!) That dude Burton, at Minnesota, ripped through Syracuse’s 2-3 zone in the 1990 NCAA Tournament! I mean RIPPED right through it……!

As nice as he was at GTown, I always thought that Reggie Williams was too rail thin for the NBA (honestly, I thought Durant was, but 6-11 is a much different ‘rail thin’ than 6-7!)

July 19, 2017 at 3:07 PM #4908
    Participant

Fletch, Willie Burton was diagnosed with a, “Manic depressive”, Illness, While, Willie Burton was down with the Miami Heat during the early/mid 90’s(Money was struggling with the NBA lifestyle of loneliness and having so much free time, That, Willie Burton had a very hard time adjusting too, My man(Facts), Willie Burton gave it to Georgia Tech during the regional games in the NCAA tournament in 1990(Willie Burton gave Georgia Tech at least 30

in that game vs Georgia Tech vs Minnesota, My man), Fletch, Reggie Williams did no develop as quickly as cats thought that he would with the Los Angeles Clippers during the late 80’s(I don’t why Reggie Williams did not develop quickly, Because he most definitely had the opportunity to become option #1 on the Clippers right from the start in 1987/88, My man/Facts), Fletch, Do you remember the post-game interview that Billy Packer had with

Reggie Williams after the 1984 NCAA championship game between Georgetown vs Houston and Reggie Williams was asked by Billy Packer about the way Georgetown was playing earlier during the game and Reggie Williams said these words, “We were struggling, Well, Not really struggling, Yes we were

Strugglin, “DAMN”, On national TV and Billy Packer grabbed the mic from Reggie Williams because of not knowing what can further come out of Reggie Williams’s mouth on national TV, My man/LOL.

Much respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.