"Was Change better without Luther Vandross".

• September 23, 2017 at 1:00 PM #5183
    Profile photo of Mike BarnesMike Barnes
    Participant

I’ve always felt that Change never lost a beat when Luther Vandross bounced from Change in 1981 to make his solo project, “Never too much”, Which was produced by Marcus Miller, Now, Luther Vandross most definitely put in much work vocally on the plate, “Glow of love”, by Change in 1980, But, I will always state that James Robinson’s lead vocals on the plate, “Heaven of my life”, was just as instrumental to the sound of Change, Than, Luther Vandross’s vocals on “The Glow

Of Love”, James Robinson’s vocals were vastly under-rated and money/James Robinson, Had to follow Luther Vandross vocally(Which was no easy chore/LOL), And, “Paradise”, Was another plate that was just as nice as, “The Glow of love”, Too(Facts), The plate, “Stop for love”, By Change of of that Miracles album from

1981, Featuring, James Robinson on lead vocals is just as nice as, “A house is not a home”, by Luther Vandross”, I’ve always felt that Atlantic records did not have the confidence in, “Change”, To be very successful after Luther Vandross bounced in 1981, Which was the reason why, “Change’, Did not become a very successful group during the 80’s(Facts), Along with some questionable business dealings by Jacques Fred Petrus(Who was one of the co-producers and founders of Change in 1980).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“”Heaven of my life”, by Change(1981)

“Miracles”, By Change(James Robinson on lead vocals in 1981)

“Stop for love”, by Change(1981)

“Tell me why”, by Change with James Robinson on lead vocals on the Miracles album from 1981

“Don’t wait another night”, by Change, Featuring the lead vocals of James Robinson from 1983

October 2, 2017 at 1:09 PM #5228
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

MAGICAL NIGHT WAS MY SHIT……!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 2, 2017 at 1:48 PM #5231
    Participant

Fletch, That, “This is your time”, Album by Change from 1983, Was vastly under-rated and Atlantic records did not promote the album(Cats looking for, “Glow of love”, Type of plates, Yet, The album has a number of nice plates from 1983, My man), Fletch,

Another plate off of that, “This is your time”, by Change album that’s nice(Besides, “Magical Night”, “Don’t wait another night”, Is, “Tell me why”, My man.

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

“Tell me why”, By Change(1983)

October 10, 2017 at 11:50 AM #5251
    Profile photo of FletchFletch
    Participant

“Ten minutes to noon! Ten minutes to noon!”
    –Ken Webb would interrupt a jam, like “Hold Tight,” to give people the time on ‘BLS…….! (LOL!)

October 10, 2017 at 12:35 PM #5253
    Participant

Fletch, That, “Miracles”, Album by Change from 1981, Is one of the best albums that i have in my collection, My man(Facts), From top to bottom, There is not one weak song on that, “Miracles”, Album from 1981, My man(Facts).

Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.